how to make semisweet biscuits-- fibre rich? i m not getting apt texture.
biscuits are pretty hard.
For texture setting you can try following settings each is different setting:
1. you can add sodium bicarbonate it will make biscuit a bit soft texture ( a small % of sodium bicarbonate)
2. Use medium gluten flour gluten not more than than 9%, u can use combination of two flours
3. Few people also try a % of Oil with shortening you can try according to permission of ur RND Team
4. try a bit higher SMS as u using previously only small quantity u can increase
To solve hardness:
- increase the fat content
- decrease the sugar content
- decrease the gluten content of flour.
- increase the raising agents.. amonium and carbonate acid combination
- more mixing
- you can use protease enzyme and resting time
- increase the water content to get softer dough but machinable form..to adjust waetr content pls.