What is could cause of blister on biscuit and what could be the solution
1. inadequate docker- increase the docker pieces, increase the docker diameter or redesign the place of docker on surface of the biscuit
2. lamination- Bad blister can be the result of poor lamination structure caused by insufficient filling dust .. improve the lamination system.
3. inadequate dough mixing: increase the mixing time to get stable dough form
4. baking profile: decrease the baking aggressive temperature profile
5. recipe: regulate the raising quantity in the recipe
There are several reasons for unwanted blisters on biscuit. Previous members have mentioned important contributors in details. I am adding some more factors,
1. Hard flour with high gluten content. Biscuit requires medium flour.
2. Lamination helps in blister formation in Cream cracker type of biscuit. For other varieties it may produce undesirable blisters.
3. Long mixing time produces tough dough which results undesirable blisters.
4. Lumps in leavening agents.
5. Insufficient moisture in proofing zone/ dry atmosphere is one of the main reason of hard crust and blister.
6. Unstable dough i.e. standing time is too short between mixing and processing.
7. Shortening agent % is low in recipe.
Increase ur creaming phase of mixing form 1 to 2 mints and same time reduce in SMS phase addition,
Have you separate phases of mixing dough like as follows:
1. in phase 1 you add all flour, shortening, sugar and other materials except SMS
2. In 2nd phase you add SMS and give mixing form about =6-10 mints depending upon ur flours
Adjust ur timings ur problem will be resolved this is main reason and other reasons which other above members have discussed can also be the ones causing blisters.
u can add a little shortening
u can press the emboss as well
1 - too much superior heat in 2 first zones
2 - improper doker pin distribution in roll
3 - too much mixing time or gluten development
4 - no emulsifier or too low fat content
5 - high dough tenmperature